#WANAFriday. Newly Discovered: Cee’s Photo Challenges
Today’s (9/6) WANAFriday prompt comes from Rabia Abbasi Gale
A New Discovery. It could be a recently discovered great author, band, or TV show. It could be a great walking route, an out-of-the-way antique store, or a perfect reading/writing nook. It could be a writing tip or a blogging trick. Share an exciting new discovery with us!
I like blog challenges such as the A to Z Blog Challenge that runs every April. The first A to Z I joined two years ago got me into regular blogging. I enjoyed the challenge of posting once a day for a month and met many new talented bloggers. I joined the 2013 A to Z Blog Challenge and completed that, too. Blogging has become a habit, and I recently passed my 200 posts milestone.
The WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge is fun, too. I enjoy coming up with my answer to the prompt, and then looking at the other creative, ingenious, talented photographers and their photo entries.
But recently I have discovered another photo challenge blog: Cee’s Photography: My Life in Photos
Cee’s Photography: Fun Foto Challenge
Cee posts a new Fun Foto Challenge every Tuesday. See the list of sample topics below.
Click on the highlighted link to see entries in each challenge. Upcoming challenges are not highlighted until photographers post entries.
- Upcoming: Brown
- Upcoming: Soft Pastels
- Upcoming: White and Purple
- Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: All One Color Here’s my entry for the All One Color challenge:
- Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Blue and Yellow
- Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Liquids
- Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Houses
- Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Anything that Lights
- Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Seating
- Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Locks, Knobs and Handles
Cee’s Photography: Black and White Challenge
Every other Wednesday, Cee posts a new black-and-white photo challenge. See a list of a few upcoming challenges below.
- Upcoming: Sculpture, Statues, Carvings
- Upcoming: Close Ups
- Upcoming: Animals
- Upcoming: Abandoned or Alone
- Cee’s Black & White Challenge: Your Favorite Thing or Things to Photograph
Cee’s Photography: Which Way Challenge : New challenge posted every other Wednesday.
Ways we travel and beautify our world.
- Roads: gravel, asphalt, cobbled, dirt,
- Freeway, Expressway, Highway
- Bridges (any view)
- Indoor Walkways: hallways, aisles, people movers, breezeway
- Paths: walking, bicycling
- Stairs, Escalators, or Steps: indoors, outdoors
Cee’s Share Your World Challenge
Cee posts a new challenge in this category every Monday. She asks four questions each week that can be answered in words or pictures.
This week’s Share Your World questions are:
- If life was ‘just a bowl of cherries’…which fruit would you rather be?
- If you could witness or physically attend any event past, present or future, what would it be?
- If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be?
- If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Writing prompts tend to get a bad name in the instructional world (“let them write creatively and from their own experiences!”), but real writers know that prompts can be just the ticket to get you on to new lines of thinking and creativity. I hope you check out these photo challenges and discover how much fun they can be!
P.S. Check out these other #WANAfriday Discoveries by my WANAmates:
- Cora Ramos, All Those Pretty Aps (smart phone)
- Liv Rancourt, Discovery: What Does the Fox Say?
- Rabia Gale, A New to Me Author (Mary Stewart)
- Ellen Gregory, 10 Rules for Writing First Drafts
The Last Meow
Well, I don’t think I’d like a bowl of cherries. How about a bowl of kibbies? That would make me happy and help fulfill my life’s goals (eat, play, sleep).
Meow for now. =<^ ! ^>=
Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge / B4 Retouch: An Unusual POV (Paris La Défense) | What's (in) the picture?
WOW! What a nice write up. Many thanks and blessings.
I love all these challenges. Even though I don’t jump on each one, they make me think. Wish I had more time to go through my photos…or take more photos. Keep ’em coming.
Pingback: Discovery!! What Does The Fox Say? | Liv Rancourt
I’m totally going to bookmark this page. What cool prompts! Thanks for posting 🙂
Yes, these are great prompts. They get me going when I am stuck.
Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: An Unusual POV, #2: Lines: Legacy Transmission | Rob's Surf Report
I love blogging themes, especially when there’s a community surrounding them. I will have to check out this one!
Pingback: 10 rules for writing first drafts (via copyblogger) | Ellen Gregory
Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: An Unusual POV, #3: Lost in the Woods | Rob's Surf Report
Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: An Unusual POV (Let’s Fly) | Molly Greye
🙂 cute entry … and creative !!!
Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: An Unusual POV, #4: Proud o’ my wheels | Rob's Surf Report
Pingback: Blimey! Another Blog Challenge? NaBloPoMo. OK, I’m In. | JaniceHeck